The days of Dgania B'


 

Degania Bet was twice blessed; it was founded for the first time was in October 1919, as a temporary settlement, and for the second time in September 1920 as a permanent one. In 1925, after a severe drought, land was purchased on the banks of the Yarden River, which made it possible to draw water from the river. Two years later Pinchas Rutenberg began building the power plant at Naharayim and a year later work on the aqueduct began, which was designed to carry water from the Jordan River to the fields in the valley. Several photographers are participating in this exhibition depicting moments and people in the history of Degania Bet,
among them, Zoltan Kluger.

 

Curator: Kineret Palti

Opens: January 21

Closes: April 30, 2011