Moshe Shwartz was born in Czechoslovakia. He studied photography in Munich and immigrated to Palestine with his wife Trudy in 1939. The couple opened the Photo Shwartz photography studio in Jerusalem and photographed for the Jewish National Fund, Wizo, the British Mandate, etc. Moshe also documented the daily life in Arab towns and villages, such as Gaza, Hebron, Bethlehem and Nazareth. His photographs display a combination of photojournalistic work and a photographic angle characteristic of the New Photography in Germany. He died in Jerusalem in 1954, and Trudy began to photograph independently.
Closes: August 31, 2010